Monday, October 4, 2010

For Wednesday, October 6

3010 - Good progress today guys! For Wednesday I want to see your chosen elements, your faves from all you've created, rendered fully. They will be images you could potentially use as a website/blog 1) header, 2) background pattern, 3) border, 4) content/line break icon, and if you like - a favicon (that funny little square at the beginning of URL addresses). If you have several designs that you'd like to see together, do more than one grouping! And please don't make us search them out on pages with images you're not as crazy about - cut them out as separate elements. We'll go over these first thing, turn them in, then move on to our next project.
     As a reminder, here is the pattern building method at Design Sponge.

3050 - Awesome, awesome progress guys! For Wednesday I want to see your completed ideas of how your products fit together for a potential point-of-purchase display header. I don't want to see the whole display, just your drawing. Remember the title of your product and the products themselves will be the stars here, and I want to see them rendered well.
     We'll go over these first thing, turn everything in, then move on to our next project.
     Sue, here's the Shel Silverstein video I told you about:



     I mentioned Garth Williams today - one of my all time fave illustrators. They're actually auctioning off some of his original sketches right now at the Heritage Auction Galleries - gorgeous stuff!

     NOTE: Friday I'll be out of town, talking at Auburn, so it will be a work day. (Everybody will have new projects on which to concentrate.) You will be expected to attend class and sign a roll.
     Also - my show is up in the Graphics gallery space and will be through October. Hope you'll stop by and have a look!

1 comment:

  1. O I loved shel silverstein when i was a kid! and i remember that poem too! along with my favorite: the really short one called "Carrots" (that and "Advice")

    ReplyDelete