Monday, October 11, 2010

For Wednesday, October 13th


3010 - Hi Guys, Wednesday we'll go over and turn in your final illustration for our "Doughboy" project before moving on to our next one. Really put some time into that last draft. Remember, it takes me five days on average to render an illustration. I'm fairly certain you can take your illustrations further!
     And look up Maxfield Parrish if you didn't have a chance to look at the book in the classroom. He was a master of light and how it affected the colors in shadows and such. Also, to the right is the cover of the picture book I kept talking about - Snowmen at Night, illustrated by Mark Buehner. Another up and coming illustrator who plays with light well is Brandon Dorman.

3050 - Love, love, love what I'm seeing so far guys! Wednesday, I'll need to see your final iteration of "Infestation" as well as your selected illustrator. We'll also start a new project.
     Sue, here's the illustrator I was telling you about, Brian Froud. But y'all check out the illustrators in 3010's notes too. There are some good ones! See you Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. will you bring in snowmen at night?! i think we should have so story time in ARGD 3010 where we go through one whole book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually don't own that one yet! Although I should - I refer to it often enough. Perhaps I'll try to get my hands on it. Storytime - great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete